Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sunshine Seventy-Seven

Sunshine Seventy-Seven

I went and sold some blood
then bought
a big bottle of wine.

Copped some weed
so we could party
and celebrate my new job.

Blind bat getting rowdy
tried to attack Jimmy Green.

He picked up a stick
off the darkened street
smacked the bat down.

While I was over at her house
I helped Galatea
paint her bathroom green.

Powder snow whisked up my nose
to my brain
pizzeria summit meeting.

Then riding all night
delivering pizza.

Feeling the hot dabs
of Summer swelter
and going to bed alone.

I looked into her eyes
in the morning light
as we walked
on the dew covered grass.

The clouds churned white
it seemed like
a hundred years ago.

I had the stoned awareness
there were illustrations
in my thoughts
obviously created by her stare

Her kisses
could have lasted forever
her eyes
were like two blue stones
my thoughts flew like birds.

On the blood red clay of the bank
we sat
she was sitting behind me
wrapped around me.

I could feel the air
so hot and dry.

The sun swam over the lake
in crimson floods
the clouds were shifting
in orange flashes.

Like golden chains
the clouds cut across the blue sky
my thoughts of her
seemed to freeze my blood.

The day mellowed finally
I wondered when or if
she was ever coming back
it was so silent.

I found that she was gone
told her goodbye on the telephone
as the sun went down
blazing red.

Blue stars sparkled
on the black sky above
as I sat on the corner
smoking my weed.

Wondering how much longer
I would have to wait
waiting for the sky to split.

The night lumbered on
club-footed
I wished she would
come to my window
and lay beside me again.

Her eyes
like blue stones
as my thoughts
flew like birds.

-Will Dockery (July 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...