Sunday, September 22, 2024

Wanted Poster

Wanted Poster

My silken sweet
Orchard child
You turned me to a tiger
And also make me smile.

I said some things
To you.
That shouldn't.
Have been said..
.
I was hurting me.
Very deeply.
But it hurt you.
Worse instead..
.
I never want.
To hurt you.
You gave meaning.
To my life..
.
Before I met you.
I had no focus.
I just didn't belong..
.
I was just too.
Sad to kill.
Too mute.
To even sing this song..
.
If you leave.
I'll crack up.
My eyes would.
Fill with blood..
.
Our love is primal.
Eternal.
Our love is.
Thicker than the mud..
.
If I can't.
Live with you darling.
I just may not.
Live at all..
.
I remain.
A street fighting man.
Defending your honor.
All across this land.
.
-Will Dockery (April 1977).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Energy Sea

Energy Sea Making modest proposals but spouting mysterious lies. Crashing down like a bird in the pale blue sky. Hungry children in th...