Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Energy Sea

Energy Sea

Making modest proposals
but spouting mysterious lies.
Crashing down like a bird
in the pale blue sky.
Hungry children in the street
begin to cry.

While you always used to run around
with anyone you needed who could be found.
There was always wine
and those bound to confuse you.

But no I never did really care
you always standing
with that hazel razor stare.
You must have known I couldn't bear
to lose you.

They always did seem to keep in time
with the pale girl's bidding
in her chosen time.
I tried to follow every twist of mind
but I never did try, no, to abuse you.

Can you understand
what is happening?
I wouldn't mind telling you.
Should I tell you what is happening?
Even if each word
is now coming true?

Now if you think there's
too much energy
swirling like a hurricane
whipping up the sea
tearing chunks out of that barrier
between you and me.

Never did need to know
any of the answers.
Looking out for the
whispering misty minstrel dancers
while your thoughts were tangled
in a cancerous vulture claw.

No, I never did ever really care
you always standing
with that hazel razor stare.

I always did want to be near her
it was almost like looking in a mirror.
At the Christmas Carols
fighting back tears
watching her and the band
while the snakes would crawl.

I really just wouldn't mind telling you.
Should I tell you what is happening to us
even if it seems to have long since passed?

Looking into your eyes
thy're just like glass.
Always thinking about those things
in the past.
Wondering now if I should have asked.

Always acted as if I was
in some other place.
Like I was just another
in a crowd of faces.
If it were possible
these memories I would erase.

-Will Dockery / March 10 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment

Energy Sea

Energy Sea Making modest proposals but spouting mysterious lies. Crashing down like a bird in the pale blue sky. Hungry children in th...