Wednesday, December 29, 2021

November 27 1978

November 27 1978

A lot colder down here tonight
than this time in 1978.

It was a warm night
overcast
rain threatening
but not yet arriving.

In those days
cigarettes were acceptble
even expected
in a hospital waiting room
in the Maternity Ward.

Watched my first ever episode
of Dallas there
just about the only one
I managed to sit through.

Early Cosplay
I was dressd like
the cover of Street Legal
at least I had
the pants and hair
never wore th little vest.

I went to the waiting room
rest room
had a left-handed smoke.

Outside it busted out raining
te nurse came in
and told me Clay
had just been born.

-Will Dockery (11-26-2021

1 comment:

  1. The first line is a fragment, not a sentence.
    "the" nurse

    ReplyDelete

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...