Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Boarding House

Boarding House

The truth echoes
always and forever dead.
A brittle glow worm
got caught in the snow.

Hugo told me
tears were going to flow.
We were watching baseball
a sad game.

I wish it could ring out
like bells
but it is silent and still.

It was when I was staying
at the boarding house
across from the park.

I hated those bells
and I hated that place.
At the same time
I loved it.

Time stood still
during those bleak days.
There was no island
no ocean.

There's golden Heaven now
streets of gold
people embedded in gold.

She has passed now
she had wandered in sorrow.
The constellation Leo
domicile of the sun.

Hugo got his
that's for sure.
Now I have to sit
and wait for mine.
A sad game.

She passed into colors
it echoed through the world.
But nobody heard it
always and forever dead.

Splashing water
and thin tanks
in early daylight
fading constellations above.

Lost stone city
with mud streets
out in Lee County.

She remembered that city
that river
those friends.

Time stood still
in my room
in that boarding house
always and forever dead.

-Will Dockery (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...