Sunday, September 22, 2024

Another Dream

Another Dream.
.
It bothered me all day.
but now maybe it won't..
I remember her real clearly now.
just now made the connection.
as to who she was.
and where she must have gone to..
.
Back at school.
I never gave her.
more than a second look..
She was always just.
a bad little girl.
going into her Sophomore year.
but she was really well read.
and had such pretty brown eyes..
.
And her I am.
such a sad place to be in.
you may have been there before..
.
To meet and talk with a person.
then the slamming of a door.
or the ringing f a bell.
to find yourself awakened by a bump.
and as it faded away.
I saw the sign on the bus..
.
She reached out and touched me.
through a void..
I could have loved her.
no way she could have known that..
.
-Will Dockery / March 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Energy Sea

Energy Sea Making modest proposals but spouting mysterious lies. Crashing down like a bird in the pale blue sky. Hungry children in th...