Monday, November 27, 2023

Where I'm At

Where I'm at

That black summer of 1995
It was the year
Of no happy ending
22 years later
And it still puts me into
A very dark cold place.

An eternal emptiness
Where I don't dare smile
Lest someone arrive
To take that away again.

This is not a pretty place,
or life
I laugh from sheer madness
I suspect.

Perhaps I hide the madness well?
Anyway, you know me
The person I stand outside in.

In this mask
This brave face hiding
Nervous dust.

It was the year that put me...
Here.
Where I am aware,
Kind of late, to my sorrow.

Loved ones and music
is what matters
Nothing else really matters.

My art will survive me
If there is a here left
After the smoke and fire
Has cleared..

Art is our bid for immortality
We must face death
With courage and curiosity.

Notes from underground
From an
Undiscovered country.

To be honest
Never had the courage
To write it down
But the time has come
I need to tell my story
What really happened.

On June 25 1995
The first day
my heart was sent
To Exile.

-Will Dockery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...