Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Star Child Memory

Star Child Memory

Snapshot of a moment
an outdoor poetry reading
in early Spring 1996.
Glimmering stars
and looming moon
through the gloom.

Passing through
in that cavern
of concrete, glass and brick
off Broadway.
I join the poetry reading
already in progress.

There's a hush in the air
as we approach.
Star Child and her friends
standing with me
on the sidewalk.

Glimmering stars above us
Springtime
constellations.
Poets sit in a circle
in the alley
behind Bazaar Earth.

In those early days
so late in the game.

But I couldn't remain
back then
I had to keep on moving.
I told them they couldn't get
high enough
to float with me.

Star Child twinkled and tweaked
skipping by me
in that spangled night.
Stopping at the parking meter
waving goodbye.

-Will Dockery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...