Thursday, June 9, 2022

It Is Now A Grand Hotel

It Is Now A Grand Hotel

Lights flicker
in dark hills
the long road
past my past.

The Grand Hotel
is a subtly eerie
little empty spot
lit in sepia tones.

I had it on
and it formed
some of the weirdest
little dreams.

Horsemen angels
wailing lost
clicking languages
as a soundtrack
weaved in my brain.

I paid my toll
and was allowed
to wear a badge
color coded for accuracy.

Candle light
like a copper tone
I was waved along
down the darkened path.

I awoke too soon
or perhaps just in time
to return here
to break the pattern.

Debatable which was
the best move
though that empty hill
informs me
I know, I know.

-Will Dockery / 4-1-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...