Wednesday, November 10, 2021

In the Days of '99

In the Days of '99

At first there were my words
I stood onstage to deliver them
the buzz grew
and I grew with it
walking it
talking it
creating and comparing mythology.

Over the years
most often than not
poetry performance
evolved into a group effort
but this was not immediate
or overnight.

I'd take the stage
for my set
several of the newest poems
and some older favorites
cold call with my back pages
and microphone.

By 1998 the process was
poetry backed by music
having discussed
with interested musicians
to remain onstage
contributing
improvisational riffs.

A decade later
collective contributions grew
it was when contribution
grew into collaboration.

-Will Dockery (2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...