Monday, April 5, 2021

Sunshine Flower Company

Sunshine Flower Company

Joanne was my Flower Girl;
it was as if she'd stepped
out of a Cowsills' song.
That corner was
on one of my major routes
so I'd see her as I walked home.

On the corner
of Cheshire Bridge and La Vista
that was the Flower Girl's beat.
She'd sell her flowers
all day there
no matter the cold or heat.

This was 1981
several years past
the Atlanta hippie heyday.
But one of the Utopian enterprises
still thrived
at communal Sunshine Flower Company.

She'd take a quick break
so we could talk and smoke a joint
then I'd sit on the side.
Watching the barefoot hippie girl
sell her flower bundles
to folks in traffic
backed up at the light.

-Will Dockery (2020)

1 comment:


  1. Thank you dear beloved friend!!!I also remember these young years..When everything was perceived differently.

    ReplyDelete

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...