Sunday, July 4, 2021

Candace Cadenhead (1956-2010)

Candace Cadenhead (1956-2010)

I'm noticing
smiling with a few tears
tonight
how little
Candace Cadenhead
changed over the years.

Same smile
same bright
sly intelligence
in her eyes
no doubt the same
laugh and humor.

How I would have liked
to sit with her
one more time
and discuss
the 50 years we both saw
in different
vantage points.

She loved The Beatles
from the start
as did I
and we saw their
live show on TV
in 1966.

I can still remember
how Candace
didn't miss a beat
she screamed
and pretended to faint.

I knew from
that moment on
Rock and Roll
was the life for me.

"Remember me William?"

"Yes, Candace
and you'll never be gone
as long as we...
remember."

I blink my eyes
through bitter tears
a smile for what
we've lost.

-Will Dockery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...