Monday, March 22, 2021

Key Characters

Key Characters

He tried to see himself
through the mediocrity.
Fullest memories
of moments of intuition.

Unhelpful
perhaps
we both see.

The incurable superintendent
he has prominence.
He walks around
and you probably fuck him.

Empty out your ashtrays
before he licks them.

You have designer jeans
and brand new teeth.
I noticed that your eyes are still
so very full and blue.

Watching the money
collect on your bed.
There's a movie on the television
about Kansas City Jazz
in Technicolor
although the TV is black and white.

In the film
there is a woman on a balcony.
She has a pretty nose
but her eyes are not real
and neither is her mouth
she talks really funny
like imitation South.

I couldn't care less about her,
or you,
or anyone else who lies
about giving a damn.

I'm there
going in
incredibly high.
You gave me head
guaranteed for wandering.

Standing alone
someone is there
a military man.

Her husband of the stairs
lying
mending
stared apart from
the cracks in the sand.

Assure your heart
way downstairs
with its audience.

I thoughtlessly locked the door
then noticed
rather sadly
that I was out of keys.

On the hill
evening is falling
and I'm crying.

Beyond Piedmont Park
I can see the tips
of multicolored lighted buildings
over there.

Romance in the city
it seems so nice
as I sit in my room
in the boarding house
watching a movie about Kansas City.

You're with Mike Sherry
a nice Jewish kid
just out of college.

While I've been shouted down
so worthless to you
that I've been
wished out of existence
forever.

Living in a boarding house
right out of some film noir
pulling the night shift
without a telephone.

Suitcases standing in a sandy corner
a non-entity
exiled
within a city
filled with carbon monoxide, murder and fear.

For dinner
there's candy bars and beer.

Isolation
is an irritation
to my eyes.

Fuck you forever
for causing me these tears.

As the soundtrack blares
with drum machines
and synthesized elements.

-Will Dockery (April 1981)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay Black Night

Lay Black Night A mystery a little sparkle together. Slab of incredible Gemini events Twin Ace little pilot lines seen by one ofr more...